The Le Sueur Community Garden provides gardening opportunities to individuals, families, and groups in the Le Sueur-Henderson area.
2020 Community Garden Information
Prior to receiving your plot confirmation, a waiver and release must be signed and returned. Completed forms can be sent via:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to City of Le Sueur: 203 South Second Street, Le Sueur, MN 56058
- Placed in the dropbox outside of City Hall
To help keep things growing in the right direction, please refer to our garden guidelines
- Prior to gardening, the attached Waiver and Release MUST be signed and returned to City Hall at 203 South Second Street.
- Water for the garden is provided by the City. Make sure hoses are replaced after use and water turned off completely.
- Gardeners are required to keep weeds under control for the entire growing season for the benefit of all gardeners. Herbicides and pesticides are not allowed. Please pull or hoe weeds by hand (we don’t want to harm another gardener’s plot).
- You must maintain your garden until after harvest. This includes removing all ground covers and plant supports used during the growing season. Please make sure nothing that can damage the tillage equipment is left behind. Failure to maintain and remove objects may prohibit your future use of space.
- Be respectful of tall crops (such as sunflowers and corn) as to not plant these where they would shade an adjacent lot.
- Any notices from the City will be posted on the back side of the Community Garden Kiosk. Please follow any instructions provided.
- Because plots are close together, we ask you to be respectful of your neighbors by not walking on or otherwise disturbing their gardens.
- These are private plots and NOT open to the general public for harvest.
- Gardeners are asked to remove all trash they generate while using the grounds. A garbage can is provided.