- Parks & Facilities
The City of Le Sueur’s Adopt-A-Park program is a public service program that encourages volunteers, with the assistance of the Public Works Department, to adopt a space or park in Le Sueur for regular maintenance and cleanups, including picking up litter and planting flowers. We strive to beautify city parks and create and promote neighborhood and community involvement.
Goals of the Adopt-A-Park Program
- Reduce litter in parks
- Overall park beautification
- Environment enhancement
- Increase community pride
- Sponsors will agree to pick up litter in the adopted park at a minimum of once per month (spring, summer, fall).
- Prepare and maintain flowerbeds and shrubs. Sponsors will water plantings sufficiently and control weeds as necessary.
- Plantings, repairs, and installation of new equipment or furnishings must be approved by the Public Works Department prior to any work.
- All participants under 18 years of age must be properly supervised.
- Report any items in need of repair to the Public Works Department.
Volunteers are encouraged to consider the size of their group before selecting a cleanup site.
- Adopt-A-Park Program Information
- Task List and Approved Plantings
- Review program information
- Complete an Adoption Application (PDF) and email to Scott Schroeder, Public Works Manager
Parks and Open Spaces
- American Legion Park [Adopted by the Rotary Club of Le Sueur]
- Bruce Frank Field [Adopted by Le Sueur Family Dental]
- Cedar Ridge Trail Park [Adopted by St. Anne’s School]
- Jo Eagle Anderson Park: [Adopted by Le Sueur Lions]
- Le Sueur Dog Park: [Adopted by the Friends of the Le Sueur Dog Park]
- Mayo Park Available for Adoption
- Mothers Louise Park [Adopted by Mary Sasse’s Buds]
- Pierre Le Sueur (Fountain) Park [Adopted by the Rotary Club of Le Sueur]
- River Park [Adopted by The River Dawgs]
Questions about this program? Please contact Public Works Manager, Scott Schroeder via email or (507) 593-8378.