Waste Management (WM) provides refuse and recycling services for the City.
Refuse & Recycling Fee Schedule (Per Month):
- 96 Gallon $26.10
- 64 Gallon $22.55
- 32 Gallon $16.06
- 2 - 96 Gallon $44.24
- Senior (32 Gallon Only) $15.01
Waste Management offers valet service (door step collection of refuse and recycling) for those persons with physical limitations. These parties need to submit an application to the City Hall (staff will determine if hardships exist).
Seniors have the option of choosing a 32-gallon refuse cart for $14.07 which includes a recycling charge and tax. All persons within the household must be 65 years of age or older and need to submit an application to City Hall (please be prepared to show government identification).
The City of Le Sueur provides recycling of small electronic items, mercury vapor fluorescent lamps, and spiral CLF’s. We do not accept batteries or TV's or computer monitors larger than 19 inches. You are required to fill out a short form with your name, contact information, and item(s) recycled. Details below:
- Location: Public Works Building: 220 Peck Street
- Days: Tuesdays and Fridays
- Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Residential City Wide Clean-Up Day (Spring & Fall)
- Spring 2021 date TBD
- 7:00am to Noon
- Le Sueur Community Center Parking Lot
- 821 East Ferry Street
Who Can Bring Their Materials to the Site?
- Residents who live in the City limits of Le Sueur
- All residents should be prepared to show their driver's license or an alternate form of identification
- No waste from non-residential customers, contractors, businesses or those residing outside of City limits will be accepted
- Waste Management has the right to determine the final acceptability of waste items. Please call Waste Management with any questions at 800-422-5785
Acceptable Items & Preparation Guidelines
- General non-hazardous household waste ("junk")
- Furniture (couches/chairs/tables/mattresses/etc.)
- Siding/dried-out paint cans/drywall/carpet/etc.
- All items should be boxed, bagged or contained and/or easily transferable into garbage receptacles
We Cannot Accept
Batteries, chemical products, fluorescent light bulbs, industrial waste, liquid waste, paints, thinners, removers, oils, oil rags, shingles, tires or yard waste (grass clippings/trees/shrubs).
Household Hazardous Waste
Residents who wish to dispose of hazardous waste have two options:
- Blue Earth County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (651 Summit Avenue, Mankato)
- Scott County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (588 Country Trail East, Jordan)
There are also Tri-County Household Hazardous Waste and Tire, Appliance, and Electronics Collections dates for the residents of Le Sueur, Nicollet, and Sibley Counties. View more information (JPG).
Need to dispose of paint? Visit the PaintCare website and enter your zip code to find locations near Le Sueur.