Waste Management (WM) provides refuse and recycling services for the City.
Refuse & Recycling Fee Schedule (Per Month):
- 96 Gallon $26.89
- 64 Gallon $23.13
- 32 Gallon $16.24
- 2 - 96 Gallon $46.13
- Senior (32 Gallon Only) $15.22
2023 Waste Management Recycling Calendar (PDF)
Waste Management offers valet service (door step collection of refuse and recycling) for those persons with physical limitations. These parties need to submit an application to City Hall (staff will determine if hardships exist).
Seniors have the option of choosing a 32-gallon refuse cart for $14.07 which includes a recycling charge and tax. All persons within the household must be 65 years of age or older and need to submit an application to City Hall (please be prepared to show government identification).
Clean-Up Day (Spring & Fall)
Dispose of Your Unwanted Items at No Additional Cost!
- Fall: September 23, 2023
- 7:00am to Noon
- Le Sueur Community Center Parking Lot
- 821 East Ferry Street
Who Can Bring Items?
- Residents who live in Le Sueur City limits.
- Proof of residency required
- No waste from non-residential customers, contractors, businesses, or those residing outside of City limits will be accepted
Acceptable Items & Preparation Guidelines
- General non-hazardous household waste ("junk")
- Furniture (couches/chairs/tables/mattresses/box springs/etc.)
- Small amounts of remodeling materials (siding/dried-out paint cans/drywall/carpet/etc.)
- Appliances (see fee schedule below)
- Electronics(see fee schedule below)
- All items should be boxed, bagged, or contained and/or easily transferable into garbage receptacles
- Waste Management has the right to determine the final acceptability of waste items
We Cannot Accept
Batteries, chemical/cleaning products, fluorescent bulbs, industrial waste, liquid waste, paints, thinners, removers, oils, oil rags, shingles, tires or yard waste (grass clippings/trees/shrubs).
Call City Hall at (507) 665-6401
Appliance/Electronics Disposal Fees
- $40.00: Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave, Water Heater, Heat Pump, Garbage Disposal, Trash Compactor, Dehumidifier, Oven, Range, Window A/C, Small Furnace, Freezer (doors removed)
- $40.00 Computer Set (Tower, Monitor & Printer)
- $40.00 Laptop. Desktop, Copier, Fax Machine
- $40.00 TV
- $40.00 Electronic Typewriter
- $40.00 Stereo
- FREE DVD, DVR, VCR, Keyboard, Mouse, Handheld Devices
Household Hazardous Waste
Residents who wish to dispose of hazardous waste can utilize the following options:
- Blue Earth County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (651 Summit Avenue, Mankato)
- Tri-County Solid Waste
Need to dispose of paint? Visit the PaintCare website and enter your zip code to find locations near Le Sueur.