The mission of the Le Sueur Community Center is to provide a fun and safe place for area community members to gather, and offer quality programs that will help develop healthy individuals and families. We expect that patrons understand the importance of a safe and positive environment.
- Equipment Orientation
- Fitness center/ Weight Room
- Membership/ Checking-In
- Minors/ Children
- Proper Attire
- Valuable/ Personal Property
We schedule group equipment orientation during the school season (once a month) for members age 12 or older. Orientations are led by a certified trainer. We encourage users to attend one of these free sessions.
In an effort to keep our machines in good working order and maintain a safe environment for our members, these areas are secured and require an access card to gain entry. Members must be 16 years of age or older to receive an access card.
Please remember to return the free weights and dumbbells to the racks when finished and show consideration for the next person by wiping off machines with the disinfectant towels provided.
Members 16 years old and over will receive an access card. This card will allow access through the entrance door and the fitness and weight room 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Your access card will be used to record your visits to the Community Center for submittal to insurance companies participating in the fitness discount program. Failure to scan your card may keep you from meeting the required visits per month.
Daily members and minors that do not have a key card are required to check in at the office and receive a wristband prior to entering the facility. Daily member adults that need access to the fitness center can sign out an access card from the office staff. Minors age 12 to 15 can also sign out an access card for entrance into the fitness center during regular open hours.
If you should happen to lose your access card you will be charged $5 fee to cancel your card and to replace it with a new one. It is imperative that you notify us if your card is lost or misplaced. You will be held accountable for any damages that occur until your card is cancelled. If you are found to be handing out or letting other people in with your card, we hold the right to cancel your card immediately.
The Community Center welcomes minor children to enjoy the facility. However, we cannot accept responsibility for their safety and supervision.
Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the fitness center or weight room as the equipment is not designed for children this age. They also must be accompanied by an adult or guardian over the age of 18 unless they are attending a supervised activity such as open swim. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the building after closing.
Children ages 12 to 15 can use the fitness center and weight room if they have experience using the equipment and are accompanied by an adult. A daily access card will be signed out to the child and must be returned when they leave. They may also remain in the building after hours as long as they are in the same area as their parent/guardian.
- Total fee must be paid at the time of registration.
- A registration deadline will be set for each program. Registrations after the deadline may not be accepted, or could be subject to a $5.00 late fee.
- We reserve the right to cancel programs if needed.
- Program cancellations made by the Community Center will be sent via email. Credits will be put on the household account to use at a later date or the account holder may request to be refunded by the original payment method.
- Waiting lists will be started if classes fill. Additional or expanded classes may be formed if possible.
- When registering by phone, you are officially agreeing to the liability and photo waivers stated in the registration form.
- Withdrawal/full refund requests must be made no less than 7 days prior to the first class unless noted.
- Withdrawal/refund requests made between 3-6 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% fee refund.
- Withdrawal/refund requests made 1-2 days prior to the first class will not receive a refund.
- There are no refunds for missed classes or for withdrawals after the start of the program.
- Exceptions can made for serious illness, injury (doctor’s note required) or reasons determined by full-time recreation staff.
- A $5.00 service fee is retained on each withdrawal/refund request unless noted otherwise.
- Withdrawals/transfers are accepted by calling 507-665-3325.
A shirt and shoes are to be worn at all times while working out. Please bring an extra pair of shoes and refrain from using street shoes when using the fitness equipment. This keeps the equipment cleaner and in better working order for everyone.
The Community Center will not be held liable for the loss by theft or damage to personal property.