We hope you'll find the information you need about our City, it's Departments, and its Operations... but if you don't find what you're looking for, please call our administrative offices at (507) 665-6401. We'll be glad to help.
Thanks for visiting us, and please check back often. We frequently add 'events' and other timely information we think you'll find useful.
Severe Weather Awareness Week: April 21 - 25
Click the link, below, for information on the 2014 Severe Weather Awareness Week Tornado Schedule.
Today's Severe Weather Awareness Topic: Alerts & Warning:
Important Information Regarding Frozen Water Service
Please click the link, below, to access an important memo regarding Frozen Water Service. In this memo, we have also included a FAQ section.
4/14/14 City Council Meeting Highlights
- Two property owners approached the Council regarding ongoing frozen water service issues.
- Mayor Broeder acknowledged receipt of the Le Sueur Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) meeting minutes of February 19th.
- Final plan specifications and bid advertisements for the Airport crack seal project were approved.
- A resolution was approved calling for the redemption of the outstanding Gross Revenue Recreational Facility Bonds of 1999.
- Ordinance 541 with regard to emergency fire services was introduced, and the first reading was waived. Final approval will be considered at the next regular council meeting on April 28th.
- A resolution was approved allowing for survivor benefits to be paid in cases where a firefighter dies before becoming vested in the PERA state-wide Volunteer Firefighter Plan.
- Mayor Broeder offered a proclamation acknowledging Arbor Day on April 25th, 2014.