We hope you'll find the information you need about our City, it's Departments, and its Operations... but if you don't find what you're looking for, please call our administrative offices at (507) 665-6401. We'll be glad to help.
Thanks for visiting us, and please check back often. We frequently add 'events' and other timely information we think you'll find useful.
TH 169 Le Sueur Hill Access and Rest Area Improvements Project
Minnesota Transportation Economic Development (TED) Grant Overview
Please click on the links, below, for information on the Proposed TED Grant
Proposed 2014 Governmental Fund Budget
The City of Le Sueur has made several changes to the preliminary 2014 Governmental Fund Budget and Property Tax Levy proposed in September. These changes have reduced the levy to $1,822,982, which represents a $97,820 or 5.61% increase above the adopted 2013 Property Tax Levy. Highlights of the proposed budget include:
- $30,000 appropriated for the City’s share of the Kingsway Drive Pedestrian Trail Project.
- $160,000 appropriated for the establishment and implementation of an annual Sidewalk Reconstruction Program.
- An additional $146,529 appropriated to the General Fund Budget Reserve to enhance future debt-financing credit reviews.
- A cost of living adjustment of 2.1% for employees.
- A 3.3% increase in the employee’s share of the City sponsored Group Health Insurance Program.
The proposed budget and property tax levy will be considered by the City Council at its December 9th regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. For full details, please visit our website at www.cityoflesueur.com/city-departments/finance/.